Asian Lettuce Wraps
Crunchy, light and refreshing
- 1 vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 T finely minced or grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Artisan romaine, Boston, Bibb or Iceberg lettuce for wraps
- Garnish with assorted toppings such as toasted sesame seeds, sliced scallions, jalapenos, lime wedges, radish and/or fresh cilantro
- 4 hoisin sauce
- 1-2 soy sauce
- 1 T lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, stir the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until pink is gone.
- Make a little space in the center of the pan and add the garlic, ginger, and shallots. Saute for 30 seconds, then incorporate into the chicken. Cook until shallots are softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the sauce and toss together until almost all the liquid in the pan is absorbed. To eat, scoop some chicken mixture into a couple layered pieces of lettuce.
- Garnish with desired toppings