Duluth Yoga was founded in 2015 with a mission to help you elevate your life to a whole new level – so you can be healthier, happier. Our goal is to provide exceptional yoga and lifestyle guidance that is second-to-none to help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Duluth Yoga is committed to being accessible, professional, and fun! No matter what your goals are, Duluth Yoga will help you get there. Duluth Yoga provides as oasis for flexibility, strength, balance, cardio, coordination, fat loss, stress relief, cross-training, and rejuvenation, all in the same place. We offer the most diverse class schedule with each class being led by experienced, certified yoga teachers. All of our teachers are passionate about sharing yoga with you.
YOU! Absolutely ANY BODY can and should do yoga. There is so much scientific research to back up all the different benefits of a consistent yoga practice. In fact, a simple Google search yields nearly 39 MILLION hits on the documented benefits that come with a consistent yoga practice. It’s important to know that all bodies are different and that the same pose may look and feel different for each person in class. No two people are alike, of course, so no yoga posture will be the same for everyone either. We love helping you figure out how to customize your yoga poses and tailoring it to fit you.
Bring a yoga mat, water bottle, and a small towel for sweat. We also have mats and towels available for rent, and water for sale.
• It’s always nice to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class to help make your experience stress-free. Chat with friends, fill up your water bottle, set up your mat, hang out by the fireplace.
• If you have something you’d like to talk to the teacher about, try arrive with plenty of time, as the last 5-10 minutes before class can get really busy at the desk.
• Building doors are unlocked 30 minutes before and after class.
• Doors are locked promptly at class time – so there will be no late arrival. We believe this is for your benefit and will create the best experience possible.
Parking is free! There are six spots along the Saint Marie St. side of the studio. You can also park at any spot behind the dental office or in the upper-level parking lot at Mt. Royal.
• Please remove shoes when you arrive. This helps keep the studio clean and the floor free from debris.
• Inside the studio is a quieter space for people to de-stress. Please feel free to talk with friends, but also be respectful of others and their air space. The sitting area by the fireplace is a great place to hang out and chat with friends.
• Please try to refrain from wearing perfume/cologne. Yoga involves a lot of breath work and we always strive to make this as accessible for everyone as possible.
• If you must leave class early, please do so quietly.
• Please feel free to use blocks/straps for any of your classes; they are there for you.
• If you used props/weights during class, please put them away in an orderly fashion.
• Mat cleaner/towel is provided for your use in the back of the studio.
Wear comfortable clothes that stretch and allow you to move freely.
That depends on several things. If you are brand new to yoga or maybe you’ve done a few videos at home, then DY1 and DY Restore will be your best options. DY1 is full of instruction geared toward beginners.
If you have been practicing yoga for years, think about what kind of experience you are looking for. For a foundational, slower flow, or if you are injured, DY1 or DYRestore will be your best choices. If you are looking for a more vigorous power flow, then DY2 or DY3 will be for you. If you are more used to aerobics or strength training classes, our DYSculpt, DYHOT, or DYHPF classes might suit you better.
Trying a variety of teachers and classes is the best way for you to see what class fits you best. Please email Kristin at Kristin@duluthyogastudio.com with any questions you may have on our classes.
Yoga has many well-documented, scientifically-proven health benefits. Believe it or not, the benefits of yoga well exceed this list given by Yoga Journal: