What is Duluth Yoga?
Duluth Yoga was founded in 2015 with a mission to help you elevate your life to a whole new level – so you can be healthier, happier. Our goal is to provide exceptional yoga and lifestyle guidance that is second-to-none to help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Why Duluth Yoga?
Duluth Yoga is committed to being accessible, professional, and fun! No matter what your goals are, Duluth Yoga will help you get there. Duluth Yoga provides as oasis for flexibility, strength, balance, cardio, coordination, fat loss, stress relief, cross-training, and rejuvenation, all in the same place. We offer the most diverse class schedule with each class being led by experienced, certified yoga teachers. All of our teachers are passionate about sharing yoga with you.
Who can do yoga?
YOU! Absolutely ANY BODY can and should do yoga. There is so much scientific research to back up all the different benefits of a consistent yoga practice. In fact, a simple Google search yields nearly 39 MILLION hits on the documented benefits that come with a consistent yoga practice. It’s important to know that all bodies are different and that the same pose may look and feel different for each person in class. No two people are alike, of course, so no yoga posture will be the same for everyone either. We love helping you figure out how to customize your yoga poses and tailoring it to fit you.
What should I bring to class?
Bring a yoga mat, water bottle, and a small towel for sweat. We also have mats available for rent and purchase, and water for sale.
Should I arrive early?
• It’s always nice to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class to help make your experience stress-free. Chat with friends, fill up your water bottle, set up your mat, hang out by the fireplace.
• If you have something you’d like to talk to the teacher about, try arrive with plenty of time, as the last 5-10 minutes before class can get really busy at the desk.
• Building doors are unlocked 30 minutes before and after class.
• Doors are locked promptly at class time – so there will be no late arrival. We believe this is best practice for studio consistency and for the best possible experience for our clients.
Where can I park?
Parking is free! There are six spots along the Saint Marie St. side of the studio. You can also park at any spot behind the dental office, the upper-level parking lot at Mt. Royal, or at the dental office during evenings and weekends.
Is there class etiquette I should know about?
• Please remove shoes when you arrive. This helps keep the studio clean and the floor free from debris.
• Inside the studio is a quieter space for people to de-stress. Please feel free to talk with friends, but also be respectful of others and their air space. The sitting area by the fireplace is a great place to hang out and chat with friends.
• Please try to refrain from wearing perfume/cologne. Yoga involves a lot of breath work and we always strive to make this as accessible for everyone as possible.
• If you must leave class early, please do so quietly.
• Please feel free to use blocks/straps for any of your classes; they are there for you.
• If you used props/weights during class, please put them away in an orderly fashion.
• Mat cleaner/towel is provided for your use in the back of the studio.
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothes that stretch and allow you to move freely.
Which class is best for me?
That depends on several things. If you are brand new to yoga or maybe you’ve done a few videos at home, then YogaBasics or DY1 will be your best options. YogaBasics and DY1 are full of instruction geared toward beginners.
If you have been practicing yoga for years, think about what kind of experience you are looking for. For a foundational, slower flow, or if you are injured, DY1 or DYRestore will be your best choices. If you are looking for a more vigorous power flow, then DY2 or DY3 will be for you. If you are more used to aerobics or strength training classes, our DYSculpt or DYIgnite classes might suit you better.
Trying a variety of teachers and classes is the best way for you to see what class fits you best. Please call us with any questions you may have on our classes.
What are the benefits of yoga?
Yoga has many well-documented, scientifically-proven health benefits. Believe it or not, the benefits of yoga well exceed this list given by Yoga Journal:
Improves your flexibility
Builds muscle strength
Improves your posture
Prevents cartilage and joint breakdown
Protects your spine
Improves your bone health
Increases your blood flow
Drains your lymph and boosts immunity
Increases your heart rate
Drops your blood pressure
Regulates your adrenal glands
Makes you happier
Gain a healthy lifestyle
Lowers blood sugar
Helps you focus
Improves your balance
Releases tension in your limbs
Gives your lungs room to breathe
Gives you peace of mind
Increases your self-esteem
Uses the placebo effect to affect change.
Supports your connective tissue
Helps you serve others
Keeps allergies and viruses at bay
Uses sounds to soothe your sinuses
Builds awareness for transformation
Benefits your relationships
Helps keep you drug free
Connects you with guidance
Gives you inner strength
Eases your pain
Relaxes your nervous system
Maintains your nervous system
Achieve a deeper sleep
Boosts your immune system functionality
Prevents IBS & other digestive problems
Guides your body’s healing in your mind’s eye